Thursday, December 18, 2008

School's Out for Christmas!


Today was the last day of school until 2009. I am super excited and can't wait for the fun to begin. This Christmas will be special for several reasons. This will be my first married Christmas with Dallas, and I am looking forward to sharing this excitement with him. I told him that he has to sneak into the living room to put my "Santa" gifts under the tree because this will be my first Christmas away from my parents' house. This is also my first Christmas with in-laws, a job, and 23 students to think of.

I am looking forward to sleeping late, visiting friends and family, and eating Christmas foods. Christmas is a magical time and I am ready for the magic to begin. As you can see, our apartment is totally decked out for the holiday, and we are definitely the most spirited family on the block!

It is hard to believe that my first year of teaching is already halfway over. I have grown and learned a lot this semester. It has been a huge struggle, one that caused a lot of tears and frustration, but one that has had many positives as well. Next semester I will begin the year with a new confidence and an understanding of what is expected of me, as well as my students.

So...let the good times begin!

2 comments:

  1. So glad I can read all about your life now=) I can't believe you are already done! I just had my six month work-a-versiary the other day... and it was not as exciting as I thought it would be, ha. I'll talk to you later, mcroomers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ello friend!

    It is way past tim for an update on The Loewen's!! Like, what did you get for Christmas, where did you go, who did you see, etc. All these questions that I should know, that I don't=(

    so get to blogging=)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!