Friday, June 11, 2010

It's the Freakin' Weekend

And in the word's of Usher..."Baby I'm about to have me some fun!"

What is it about weekends that makes them so alluring? I love weekends. I mean, I LOVE weekends! On Sunday night, I begin counting down the days, the hours until we can do it all over again. And it’s not like it was last year, when I was teaching. It’s not that I dread going to work each morning. I actually enjoy being at work. But, I still long for the weekends.

There is just something to be said about weekends.

I always come away from the weekend feeling refreshed. At peace. Stuffed with ice cream.

On particularly great weekends, I have spent time with friends, or my family. I have laughed until I’ve cried. Dallas and I have told jokes, tried out new recipes, worked in our garden, explored our new city.

What’s not to like about weekends?


Today is Friday. Ahh…just the word coming out of my mouth brings joy to my heart. To me, Friday represents freedom. The freedom to sleep until nine, eat fried eggs for breakfast, visit the market and hunt for yard sales.

What are we doing this weekend? Who knows? And who cares? I would honestly be fine to spend the entire weekend with Dallas, doing nothing. Just sitting outside and enjoying each other’s company. And what great company to keep! I love my Dallas and there is nothing better than spending a day with him. Plus he makes the best fried eggs I've ever tried! 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and feel just as deeply about the weekend as I do. Remember to check back in with me on Monday to find out what surprises the weekend brings!

Do you have any plans this weekend? What would the perfect weekend look like to you? Leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. I love weekends too! Can I just say though... I just had surgery on Tuesday and have been so bored. Your very funny and entertaining blog has been something to look forward to in a way. I have even started reading past entries. Please keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!