Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Wonderland

This weekend was one of those weekends that starts out with no plans. My favorite kind of weekend. It's like a blank slate that you can fill with whatever you like.

When I came home from work on Friday, the bush beside our front door caught my eye. Literally, poked my eye, as I walked through the door. I decided my first task for the weekend was to try a little landscape design and trim back this weed tree bush plant thing. This thing grows like crazy and every time I turn around, it looks like something straight out of the jungle.  


I didn't even make it inside the house before I got to work.

I encouraged forced Dallas had to help me haul away all of the debris.

And he carefully disposed of all of the evidence by throwing it into the neighbor's yard.

 Obviously, I'm no landscape artist, but this makes me much happier!
(And, doesn't poke my eyes out when I'm walking through the door!)

After my landscape design challenge, Dallas and I decided to go to Moe's to use a gift card that I won around Christmastime. (I racked up $90 worth of gift cards in December for winning random contests at work!) So, 6 months later, we finally decided to "treat" ourselves with a trip to Moe's! We invited Lauren to come along and had a great time catching up over Homewreckers and one Joey Bag of Donuts. After we thoroughly stuffed ourselves, Lauren invited us over to her place for some movie watching and jewelry making. Lauren and I made cute earrings, while Dallas watched Charlie Wilson's War. Typical.

Saturday, Dallas and I decided to spend some time outside and went strawberry picking! I have done this once before, but it was even better the second time around! Again, it was H-O-T outside, but my straw hat helped to shield me from the sun.


We came home from our day with tons of strawberries (the bucket only cost $9!), sore backs, red fingers and sweaty butts. If you are interested, you'd better hurry, as the strawberry season is almost over.


And for all you cowboys out there- they also offer Cowboy Church!


It was a wonderful weekend and I'm hoping that when my parents come to visit us on Father's Day weekend, we can visit another farm with fruit in-season. Anybody know of a place?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! Thanks for checking out my blog and your sweet comments! You should totally look into getting a DSLR - I love mine. If you all are just starting out with a DSLR, I would sugges the Canon Rebel XS (what I have). It is the base model for Canon but is very user friendly and reasonably priced. I would recommend going on Ebay and doing a search to see if you can get a good price on the Rebel BODY - you can buy the lens separately and there are some good ones out there (the lens I used for most of the photos in my post is a 50 1.8, which can be purchased for less than $100). Hope this helps, let me know if I can help answer any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear more about Joe Bag of Doughnuts. When I was in summer camp, when I was 13, I had a cabin-mate whose nick-name was Joey Bag of Doughnuts. He was from NYC and his name was Joey Bagadona. Or something close to that.

    Dad Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!