Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family Weekend

On Friday, I was able to cash in some comp time I had saved up, and leave work a little early. This was great, because Dad and Rebekah got into town even earlier than I had expected. As soon as they arrived, we headed off to Liberty's Aviation Maintenance Technology School (AMTS) to visit Dallas. I'm sure we embarrassed him a little, but I think he enjoyed giving my family a tour of the school.
We then left Dallas to finish his work, and headed to Gary's Garden Center. It was SO hot that the Garden Center was a bit of a disappointment, and no one really felt like being in a super humid green house. We left, empty handed, and headed for home.
Rebekah made everyone wear aprons as we prepared dinner, and Dallas was not too thrilled.
We had a cook out, but ate in, due to the heat.
 We then went to Coldstone for ice cream, watched Valentine's Day, and went to sleep.

Saturday began like any normal Saturday, with FRIED EGGS and toast! My favorite!
We then got ready for the day, and headed out to Smith Mountain Lake for a picnic with our Hispanic Church. We ate delicious foods, played fun, Spanish games, and even had a baptism at the lake!
Oh! Did I mention that the Baptism was mine?
I have felt for a long time that I needed to be baptized. I was baptized as an infant, and for many years, I felt that that was enough. But, I did a LOT of soul searching, praying and Bible reading, and I realized that it's not about doing enough. It's about giving my very best, all of me, to my creator, my Savior. I felt that this baptism would be a testimony of a life devoted to Christ and a willingness to follow God's commands. It was so special to have my family and friends supporting me, and I was so happy to be baptized in the lake with a multi-cultural crowd. It was exactly how I always imagined.

Again, I feel so blessed to have the family that God has given me, and I am so thankful for the love that we share. I had a FABULOUS weekend, and I can't wait to do it again!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!