Monday, July 12, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Fix It

Sorry guys.

You're going to have to wait a little while long to hear more of my cruise story.

Dallas and I went 'down to Georgia' this weekend to spend time with this family, and on the way home, we got a flat tire, somewhere in South Carolina. As you may have read earlier in my blog, I have had some experience lately with changing flat tires. Or at least cheering others on while they change flat tires. So, I wasn't that upset when I heard the tire POP! Actually, Dallas and I both kept our cool, as the experience was so bad, it was laughable.
First we pulled over to the side of the interstate, and I peeked out of my window to see a tire, blown to smithereens. I began thanking God at this point that Dallas was with me, and I didn't have to figure out how to do this myself. Dallas and I have this little saying that we remind ourselves of in bad situations, "Could be worse, could be raining!" I'm pretty sure this is a line from one of the movies Dallas likes to quote. Monty Python, maybe? Anyway...Dallas and I finished reciting this quote when...

The bottom fell out...

Dallas had to take all of our luggage out of the trunk in order to reach the spare tire. He pulled out a beach towel to act as a shelter from the rain. Once he did this, he was able to change the tire in no time! We then drove on our little donut to the nearest exit and pulled into a gas station to wait out the storm. Dallas did some research to make sure that the little tire would be able to get us the remainder of our trip to Lynchburg.
Apparently, it would get us there, but we would have to take the remainder of our drive very slowly. 
Like 50 mph. 
So, all in all, it took us 8.5 hours to get home. We didn't get home until 2:30 am, and we definitely had to wake up this morning at 6:30 am for work. Yuck. But, it was definitely a character building experience, and I was so proud of the way we were able to roll with the punches and stay cool under pressure.

But today, I am TIRED! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. yuck! sounds like you had a rough ride home.. Dal is such a handyman though. Glad you made it home safely!! love you - Rebekah :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!