Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chairs SOLD!

So...many of you know that I am a scavenger. I love to find good deals, bargains, thrifts and fleas. It's in my blood. Nothing excites me more than a good deal. And trash day has become one of my favorite days of the week, because my neighbors 'got good trash!'

The other day, I was driving home from work when something in my neighbor's trash pile caught my eye. Two Ikea chairs! I quickly drove home and convinced Dallas to come help me dig through the trash and check out the situation. The chairs were dirty, stained and wet, but were sturdy and had good bones. We lugged them into our kitchen, where they stayed while I took the chairs apart, and washed and bleached the seat covers multiple times. The covers were mostly clean but were still a little stained, so I left them out in the sun for a few good hours and they were bleached right out! I put the chairs back together, and they were perfect!

I LOVED these chairs...but had no room for them, so I decided to part with them and put them up for sale on Craigslist. A few days later....SOLD! For $55! I made $55 on chairs I found in someone's trash pile. I guess it's true what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure!"

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That's incredible! That's what I call "FREE MONEY".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chairs look great!!! Good job- love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Well done! Those are such comfortable chairs too. I'm sure you made the new owner very happy ... along with your pocketbook!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!