Friday, September 10, 2010

Take a Hike!

This Labor Day, Dallas and I went for a hike through the Virginia mountains. My boss had suggested we go to Hog Camp Gap, a trail up the mountains through an old hog farm, in order to see some beautiful views of the Allegheny Mountains. I knew Dallas would be thrilled to be out in the wilderness, so we loaded up a  picnic and headed for the hills.


Along the trail, there were beautiful rock fences that were used in the past to keep in the hogs!



We made it to the top of the mountain and found a beautiful view. 
We then got out our picnic and ate lunch overlooking the mountains. 





It is amazing to see the works of God's hands and to enjoy His creation. 
Too bad I had to go to the bathroom as soon as we made it to the top...
And I DON'T pee in the woods. 
Sorry Dallas!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,

    It's Christi.... I am one of Lauren's friends from LU. I have seen you pop up on her blog and I just started to follow you! I miss Lynchburg, so it is nice to see pictures of the beautiful mountains! We will be taking a CFAW group up in November and I am very anxious for the fall weather. I am glad you got to meet Lauren! She is great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!