Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where Have I Been?

 I have been so super busy lately, with my English classes twice a week, coaching youth soccer, going to the gym 3 times a week, taking a class online and a full time job, so this poor blog of my has been a little neglected. No promises, but hopefully I'll have make time to do some updates! 

So, what have I been up to?

Our English classes are going VERY well. I am so proud of my students, and they are all working very hard to master our confusing language. Seriously, they ask me questions all the time about why English words are pronounced a certain way, when they are spelled another. I just have to say that English doesn't make sense.

 We had our first English conversation night, and we declared it an English only night. We ate dinner and played games, all in English. We also asked our students to invite their American or English speaking friends, so we had a few visitors who helped keep the conversations going. 

   My friend Ana, who works with me at Liberty, has recently become one of my good friends. Her mom is in Dallas' English class and her son is our our soccer team, so I see her every day of the week. If only I could think of something to teach Ana, it could be a whole family affair! She was a big help at our conversation night and is a big encouragement to her mom to practice her English! 


 Our little soccer team, the Panthers, is made up of 3 and 4 year olds. We are the Tots League. Seriously, these games are hilarious. I have never seen more tears in my life, as my players get upset about falling down, not having the ball, the other team scoring, wanting to go to the playground. You name it, they cry about it. But, they are so adorable, and a few are actually pretty good at soccer. I don't know the first thing about soccer, so I'm there mostly for moral support. I make cute name tags, Dallas makes sure we score.



Dallas and I have also found a new coffee shop in town, called, The Muse. We went on a "date night" and discovered this delicious shop, where they will mix up any combination of flavors that you like. I had a white chocolate latte with peppermint flavoring and Dallas had some strong coffee drink that I thought was gross, but he liked, of course. We found a quiet corner in the loft of the coffee shop and played a mean game of Dominoes. (I don't think we every really figured out how to play!) I was great to spend some quiet time with my hubs.


And last, but not least, a rainbow. Yesterday we had a big thunderstorm, with tons of lightening and 3 power outages. And after the storm? A beautiful rainbow! It made a complete arch, which I failed to photograph, but  was very exciting. I did manage to get these shots of one end.


So... that's the news at the Loewen household. We are busier than ever, but having a great time knowing that God is using us while we are here in Lynchburg. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!