Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

My husband is a proud Canadian. Being the sweet-spirit that he is, he wanted to share his heritage with his classmates (or maybe rub it in their faces that he is Canadian?). Whatever his reasoning, Dallas decided that the best way to do this would be to make Canadian themed cupcakes, of course, with red velvet cake and butter cream frosting! 


We had a Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner at work last week, and they had these little flags at each place setting. Dallas went around after the event and collected all of the leftovers to use on his cupcakes. 
They perfect for our cupcakes! 

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canucks out there! 

Even if you are a non-Canadian (like me!), I hope you have a very happy day.
 And I hope you remember to be thankful. 
Because we have a LOT to be thankful for. 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. haha! this is great!

    I'm hosting a Canadian Thanksgiving at our place tomorrow night... I have 2 ten lb. chickens, and I've been baking all day.

    Hope you're doing well, lets catch up soon. I have the whole week off, so we'll have to chat online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Dallas, I knew you would remember to celebrate. We had a Thanksgiving dinner for two.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!