Thursday, October 14, 2010

What'll Owl Be?




I can't decide what to be for Halloween. I LOVE Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. And my favorite part of my favorite holiday? The costumes, of course!

Dallas and I have been through many options for our costumes this year. We typically like for our costumes to relate to each other. We've been Peter Pan and Wendy, and Pumpkin and Pi (the Greek symbol), but we've also been random costumes like, Jim from the Office and a cockroach, a ghost and Deb from Napoleon Dynamite.

We started the season this year planning to be the Mad Hatter and Alice. But, I lost my passion for that one. It just seemed like too much work. Actually, during the winter Olympics, I was set on being Apollo Ohno for Halloween, but I didn't really get a lot of support on that one! I don't think Dallas was too keen on having a wife with a soul patch.

Picture from here
But then it HIT me! My new favorite thing right now is....OWLS! And what better way to pay tribute to my feathered friends then by turning into one for Halloween! I did a bit of research, and of all the owl costumes out there, I think this costume might be the easiest to make, while looking like an actual owl.
Picture from here
There are several parts to this costume that I don't have, (The eyes are made from pot scrubbers and the nose is a finger from a black rubber glove!), but hopefully I will be able to improvise and pull it all together before the big day!

So, what about you? What is your Halloween costume going to be?


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Super cute!

    There are a bunch of REALLY Big leaves here on trees (called elephant ears).. I'm thinking that we could go as Tarzan and Jane or Adam & Eve.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!