Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Faithful

 This week has been a great reminder to me of just how much God loves me and how He is ALWAYS faithful. As most of you know, Dallas and I left our comfortable lives in Buford, Georgia last August to begin training in Lynchburg, Virginia before heading towards the mission field overseas. We knew that God was calling us to Liberty University. We were more assured of this than we had been of anything in our year-long marriage. What we didn't know was how everything would work out. Where would our money come from? Would I be able to find a job? Would Dallas be able to find a flying job before his schooling began? How would we pay the astronomical tuition for Dallas' Aviation Maintenance program?

We knew that the only way to quell our fears was to lay all of our questions and concerns at the foot of the cross. To trust Christ to do what He promises us He will do: Take care of His children.  

We decided to visit Lynchburg in May 2009. We had 3 objectives for this visit: 1. Find a place to live  2. Find a flying job for Dallas before he would begin classes in January 2010  3. Find a job for me (Emily) .

Along the 6.5 hour drive from Georgia to Lynchburg, I was nervous. Nervous about moving away from my family, my friends, my state, my place of security. To make matters worse, it POURED the entire 6.5 hours that we were on the road, and when I was just finishing my portion of the driving, we were involved in a hit and run accident. Oh, and did I mention I was driving my father-in-law's car? So, needless to say, I was a little frazzled as we pulled into Lynchburg, well after midnight.

The next two days were a flurry of activity, driving (in our dented-in Civic) to house to house, appointment to appointment, trying to find the answers to our many questions. We had set our sites on finding VERY cheap housing, which led us to many disgusting and interesting locations around this new town. We decided to trust God for even more, and look a little outside of our price range, in order to live in a safe, clean home. After two long nights, many prayers, several tears and a big miracle, we were led to our new home on Three Creeks Court.

We officially moved in to our new little home on July 31, 2009 and it has been everything we had hoped for any more. Objective 1- Complete.

I will post two additional blogs with my second 2 objectives! So, stay tuned!


  "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
    "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."- Matthew 6:19-24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!