Friday, July 23, 2010

Bahamas- Day 4!

Sorry guys. I have been absent from the blog world for a few days now, but have no fear! I am b.a.c.k.!

All of the new changes in the blogger dashboard have thrown me through a loop this week and I have had to relearn how to do simple things. As easy as uploading a picture. Seriously. This new way is strange. But...I will carry on!

And so the cruise story continues...

The next morning we awake to the sights of Freeport, Bahamas. Not a lot to see out of our window this morning. Just a parking lot with a bunch of old cars. So, we started our morning off right with a crazy taxi ride through Freeport, towards Port Lucaya.
Our driver drove fast. And we were all squeezed into a taxi van. It was quite an experience.
We arrived in Port Lucaya, where Dallas and I enjoyed another day at the beach, and my family did a little shopping at the local market.
We weren't able to stay very long on the island, as the ship's schedule had to be rearranged due to our late departure from Jacksonville. But, that was fine by me! 
As we waited in line to board the ship, Rebekah and I were busy taking photos with this little guy. 
When we were finished snapping photos, we looked around and couldn't find Mom anywhere! Rebekah said, "I'll bet she's hiding somewhere." Why would a Mom hide instead of boarding a ship? Well, believe it or not, we saw my mom's head peak out from behind a shed, where she had been HIDING! Haha! Apparently, she wanted us to think she had been left on the island. Only my mom. She is a HOOT! 
Fortunately, we were able to round Mom up, and we all boarded the ship together
-and we didn't let Mom out of our sights again! 

We celebrated the 4th of July in style. Happy Birthday America! 
We then got all dressed up for our final dinner and last night on the ship. 
And we ended the day in our matching, Forth of July, PJs! (purchased at Wal-Mart in Jacksonville for $5!)

Our last night on the ship was definitely a memorable one, and a great way to end such an amazing trip!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your trip. Family is EVERYTHING. Aren't we blessed to have such great families? I have enjoyed reading your blog.
    Have a good weekend, Emily and Dallas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job as a photo-journalist.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!