Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bye Bye Lauren!

So, my dear friend Lauren left me for good this week. Yes, she has packed up her things and headed south to the island of Saba to join her husband, Josh. Things won't be the same around here without her, and to be honest, I'm super sad that she's gone. But, at the same time, I am definitely glad that she and Josh are back together at last, after a long summer apart. Lauren definitely surprised me this summer with her ability to live life on her own. She is very strong and very smart, and handled things much better than I would have.

  Lauren is also quite the packer. Let's just say she didn't leave too much behind as she moved to the island. She brought two 50 lb suitcases, a 50+ lb carry-on, and a large shoulder bag. I don't know how she made it through the airport. She even managed to successfully pack her tv and sewing machine in her CARRY ON, as well as many, many, MANY other items. We did, however, have to take a box cutter to her Goodwill suitcase, as it was too large to fit on the plane. Crazy.
After spending the afternoon packing, we decided to have one last "girl's night out," and we headed out to a local favorite, Waterstone Pizza, for dinner. Only to find the pizza ovens were broken. Not to worry, we quickly changed our minds and ordered pasta instead. We are very blessed in Lynchburg to have 2 J. Crew Clearance stores, and Lauren couldn't miss the opportunity to shop ONE more time before she left.
We then walked around, ate peach ice cream, and enjoyed our time together. 
What a fun year this has been, with Lauren by my side.
I am looking forward to seeing her again soon! (I hope!)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you put that picture of me in that wedding dress on here!!! haha, I am missing you already, but I am just waiting till you come here.
    Many Skype dates to come for now.

    Glad you showed the house to the office, haha. I'll post pics of the inside.. just posting bit by bit. I'm stealing Internet right now and uploading pictures is a nightmare. Josh LOVES the place, he could hardly contain his excitement. I'm so glad.

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!