Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer Baseball

Nothing says summer like a baseball game on a hot summer night.

I would not call myself the world's biggest baseball fan. I do not watch baseball on tv, or follow my team during the season, but I do love going to baseball stadiums. Being a part of the action. Experiencing such an old, American tradition. Singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," as if I were still a kid and jumping out of my seat to do the "wave." Sometimes I forget to watch the game, and spend more time clap, clap, clapping my hands or "Day-Oh!"ing to realize what's going on during the game.

This weekend we traveled home to Georgia to visit our families. This trip also included tickets to watch Georgia's new minor league, the Gwinnett Braves, in action. I had never been to a Gwinnett Braves' game, even though Dallas and I could see the stadium from our old house. In fact, I had never been to a minor league baseball game at all. So, it was definitely exciting to see the new field and be in a smaller stadium than I am used to at Turner Field.


I can't remember what the final score was on this game, but I do know that we won by quite a bit. We all had a great time, and the next time I am in the mood for some summer baseball, I will definitely be visiting my new favorite minor league team. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think!